• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vet visit

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Sammy has a vet visit coming up on the 21st. First time visit and just a well check to get established. It’s pretty cold where I live. 40s. That’s feeezing to me. But how does one transport to the vet? Could a rice bag under a blanket in a crate work to keep her warm? What’s the best way to not stress her out so much? It’s not far from where I live. Maybe 6-8 minutes away.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sammy has a vet visit coming up on the 21st. First time visit and just a well check to get established. It’s pretty cold where I live. 40s. That’s feeezing to me. But how does one transport to the vet? Could a rice bag under a blanket in a crate work to keep her warm? What’s the best way to not stress her out so much? It’s not far from where I live. Maybe 6-8 minutes away.
She will be fine just warm your car up and wrap her up in some or small towels-- I have a small pet carrier that I line w/ dish towels- going from the house to the warmed car isn't going to hurt her-

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
The rice bag is enough to keep her warm. Cover the entrance to the crate on the way in and out of the car, and bring a pocket hand warmer or two in case the sock doesn't last long enough.

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
She will be fine just warm your car up and wrap her up in some or small towels-- I have a small pet carrier that I line w/ dish towels- going from the house to the warmed car isn't going to hurt her-
Awesome. So no heat pack or anything? Sounds easy enough