• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veggies for dubias

Edd

Hatchling Dragon
I want to know if it matters how you cut or chop the veggies that you feed to the dubia roaches. I have been just cutting up (not real small) the greens mostly the stems that I dont feed to my beardie.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
If it's something with a rind or thick skin like potato, apple, squash, it is easier for them to eat if cut. I actually stopped feeding mine green stems, they hardly ate them. I would find the stems mostly intact, as opposed to the other fruits and veggies they will consume pretty much the whole thing. I also have found if you increase the surface area they can feed more efficiently - so carrots I will slice lengthwise, thin potato slices, that sort of thing.