• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vegetables and Water

mushumyboi

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is 5 years old and I got him two months ago from someone who didn’t want him anymore. As far as I can tell he’s only been fed crickets and that gross pellet food.
I’ve tried so so hard to make him eat his fruits and veggies. I’ve put them with mealworms, on paper towels, put the mush on his lips so he would lick it off, and even put them in his mouth when he’s eating his crickets or mealworms. He absolutely hates them and I’ve only gotten him to eat one (1) bite of mango and apple on his own. Any tips???
Also, I’ve never seen him drink water. He poops regularly so I’m assuming that he’s getting it somehow? But all I do is mist him and he never goes into his water bowl. Is this normal?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What I would do is just provide him with nice greens like collard, mustard, turnip, dandelion greens, some fruit is good but they shouldn't get alot of fruit as it's high in sugar.. take a look at the link below our comments and we've posted a good food link that should help.. Know that they will not let themselves starve.. Mealworms are really high in chitlin in their shells making them hard to digest so good bugs are dubia, phoenix worms, silkworms, supers, crickets for staple bugs. If you are gut loading your bugs the same items they should eat they will get some of those nutrients..
Dragons don't typically drink from standing water so really all it does is raise the humidity in the tank.. So regular baths may help for a number of things and that's where most will take drinks.. they should get the majority of their moisture from the foods that they eat.