• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB too close??

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Need more advice on distance from UVB. This is a vivexotic tank that Spike came with when we got him last week,
20190822_113737.jpg
and as you can see the UVB tube is at the back attached to the roof of tank....but that shelf seems to be very close to the bulb and he can actually touch it! Currently it's a exo terra 150. 25w T8 UVB bulb and iv been advised to get a better one. Should I move that UVB to the front of the rank instead so he cant get right up to it? Worried about his eyes and poss getting burnt there is only 5 and a half inches between that UVB bulb and the top shelf.
Any advice is more than welcome!

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm just over the moon there are so many people willing to offer help and advice and you were the first and so fast to answer, I'm really grateful. Thanks!

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awww hes lovely! I think spike is just a average bearded dragon, reminds me of a little crocodile haha. We are currently thinking up ways to dragon proof our house so he can have a good look around. He doesnt like being handled too much but he will walk right up to me when I open his door so slowly getting there. But he hates Jonny my boyfriend, his beard gos black and puffs right out as soon as he lays eyes on him, not sure if he reminds him of previous owner that's all I can think of. You are doing a great job and I feel loads better after speaking to you and getting ur advice xxxx kayleigh xxxx