• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
hey y’all, I have a 20” tube UVB (reptisun) in the hatchlings enclosure suspended inside about 8-12 inches away (pending where they’re at). Reason it’s kind of at this middle distance is because I’m not sure if I’m able to “mix” the bulb + housing. The housing for the bulb is the reptisun T8 hood, however I believe that the UVB tube inside is the T5 (threw the box away and can’t remember). Would this mean to treat it as a T5 and put it over the screen lid, or keep it as a T8 and keep it suspended inside the tank? Thanks.

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
T 8's need to go inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from basking -- the T 5 approx 10-11 inches from basking - they can goon top of screen if the screen is wide holed---- how big is the tank --- you dont want to over UVB your hatchlings ---
kaylyn
I know the information about the T8’s vs T5’s, what I’m asking is, what “level” is it or what would I have to do if I put a T5 bulb in a T8 hood?