• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Lighting

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
Hey everyone so I know that we need the repti sun lighting in the tank. I still have my old UVB coil. Ginger is my study buddy so I was thinking of hanging it up with a heat lamp in my study room for when we study together. Hi have heard a) the coil does nothing and b) coil can focus too much on the one spot. My question is would it be of any benefit to her. Obviously this is not to be substituting her normal tank basking time.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone so I know that we need the repti sun lighting in the tank. I still have my old UVB coil. Ginger is my study buddy so I was thinking of hanging it up with a heat lamp in my study room for when we study together. Hi have heard a) the coil does nothing and b) coil can focus too much on the one spot. My question is would it be of any benefit to her. Obviously this is not to be substituting her normal tank basking time.
No I would not use it---- she should be fine w / out UVB for a few hrs out of the tank ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What if she is out all day? But still has her 4 hours bask time?
I would not leave her out all day w/ out a area that she can go and warm up- set up a basking area w/ a heat bulb she can go to - I can post some pics of how someone has their place set up- it's a link

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I also have the heating blanket which I wrap her in and she does the open mouth basking behavior.

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
I am a stay at home mum, who works from home and studies at home. So I alternate between siting with the front door open so they we get direct sunlight and UVB rays and the warm blanket wrap (electric blanket). She also likes to walk around and sit on my hand when I type but I do try to put her in there regularly. What would you suggest timing wise? Every 60 minutes?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am a stay at home mum, who works from home and studies at home. So I alternate between siting with the front door open so they we get direct sunlight and UVB rays and the warm blanket wrap (electric blanket). She also likes to walk around and sit on my hand when I type but I do try to put her in there regularly. What would you suggest timing wise? Every 60 minutes?
Did you look at the link I posted for you?

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
Did you look at the link I posted for you?
I didn’t I saw the links from previous posts. So I would just do the baking lamp only. I ordered a new work stand up desk and I’m going to set up Ginger her own lamp and area :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn’t I saw the links from previous posts. So I would just do the baking lamp only. I ordered a new work stand up desk and I’m going to set up Ginger her own lamp and area :)
Yes- just the basking light - but she does need uvb exposure at some point during the day