• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB lighting

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, my terrarium is 48” in length. Should the UVB/fixture be the same 48”? And how should the lamp be placed? diagonal?horizontal?thanks much.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The member who originally responded to this thread no longer has an account on beardeddragonforum.com and her responses have been deleted. Anyone have anything to add. The original responder said not to get a uvb the same length as the enclosure. My terrarium is 48” in length. What size uvb should I go with?thanks.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The member who originally responded to this thread no longer has an account on beardeddragonforum.com and her responses have been deleted. Anyone have anything to add. The original responder said not to get a uvb the same length as the enclosure. My terrarium is 48” in length. What size uvb should I go with?thanks.
Is it true to go with a smaller bulb?

N W

Juvenile Dragon
I'm new, so hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.
But I have read that the recommendation is for the uvb light to cover about 2/3 of the tank.
For your size tank, I'd say a 36" would probably be around the right size.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all,
I'm planning on going with this Zoo med uvb Bulb. I have an 4x2x2 enclosure. Should I go with a hood or mount inside the terrarium? thanks.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Never mind. didn’t realize I already asked about uvb and pretty much double threaded and I could’ve just taken advantage of the search function.