• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB light

Char-Man

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 75 gallon tank that is 49” long. I have 2 18” Zilla slimlines. Will these provide enough UBV with T8 50 UVB desert bulbs? Trying not to buy new fixtures if I can use what I currently have. thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 75 gallon tank that is 49” long. I have 2 18” Zilla slimlines. Will these provide enough UBV with T8 50 UVB desert bulbs? Trying not to buy new fixtures if I can use what I currently have. thanks
they will work but not recommended --- they are a weak bulb -- if you want to keep the fixtures and change out the bulbs for now I would do that -- Reptisun 10.0 T 8 they are a better bulb - the only thing is they need to be in the tank regardless of the screen hole type and directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches -- T 8's are designed for lower height tanks and small tanks like a 20 gallon --- I would look at getting a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - they would be better for your tank size --- then depending on your screen it has options for placement --- and please NO clear plastic cover on the Zilla fixtures take it off please