• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB light

Pigmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
My enclosed is ready for lights. It’s 5’ long. I guess I need 48” of UVB or is it better to use 2 24”? Can u tell me where to order fixtures and which one and what tubes? Thanks. Can the basking bulbs go in any fixture or does it need to be reflective

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My enclosed is ready for lights. It’s 5’ long. I guess I need 48” of UVB or is it better to use 2 24”? Can u tell me where to order fixtures and which one and what tubes? Thanks. Can the basking bulbs go in any fixture or does it need to be reflective
Do not get a fixture that is the same length as the tank - you want your dragon to be able to escape those rays w/ OUT having to hide from the UVB - if you want you can get a 24" or a 30" it is up to you --- I have a 24" in my 4X2X2 tank -- you can get the UVB fixtures from here these people are fast and very good they ship Fed Ex
w/ this bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html
the fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb - you can keep it for a back up but the distance and placement would be different as its considered to be a T8
My basking bulbs are in a reflective dome- I have Flukers domes