• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uvb bulb

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im looking into getting a t5 bulb for my little guy! The 10.0 so i can put it on the top of his screen is the t5 10.0 or the t5 HO better i dont want to get the incorrect one and give him to much uv!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im looking into getting a t5 bulb for my little guy! The 10.0 so i can put it on the top of his screen is the t5 10.0 or the t5 HO better i dont want to get the incorrect one and give him to much uv!
Depending on the screen will determine the placement and distance of the uvb-- you want the 10.0 bulb-- and your tank he's in now is a what size? - the Zoo Med comes w/ a 5.0 bulb that bulb is good for a smaller tank like a 20 gallon - the 10.0 bulb is good for a 40+ gallon tank- you want a 24" fixture-- bulb would be a 22" bulb

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hes in a 40! Do you recommend any stores that sell the T5 10.0 I have looked everywhere and it’s so difficult to find A website that I trust

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hes in a 40! Do you recommend any stores that sell the T5 10.0 I have looked everywhere and it’s so difficult to find A website that I trust
24" fixture
This place is really good I have ordered all my lighting thru them they ship Fed Ex and are fast ---

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
24" fixture
This place is really good I have ordered all my lighting thru them they ship Fed Ex and are fast ---
24" fixture
Thankyou so much!

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thankyou so much!
I do have one more question since you seem to be right on the money with things my things humidity levels are all over the place I got the correct thermometers and Hydro thermometers his basking spot humidity is 25 on the cool side I cant get it down past 50 any tips?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do have one more question since you seem to be right on the money with things my things humidity levels are all over the place I got the correct thermometers and Hydro thermometers his basking spot humidity is 25 on the cool side I cant get it down past 50 any tips?
You want a digital probe hygrometer -- place the probe in the middle center wall of the tank its going to read the whole tank - its going to be lower on the hot side of course -- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20% and nothing above 70% --- I have a Zoo Med digital probe looks like this

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will get that thankyou! Im sorry for all the questions, Do you recommend a water fountain? He doesnt drink stagnant water i was recommended to try one If i put it in and take it out at night?

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
And is there other like what light type bulb i can put on his tank for more light?

Shtyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will get that thankyou! Im sorry for all the questions, Do you recommend a water fountain? He doesnt drink stagnant water i was recommended to try one If i put it in and take it out at night?
Im not goint to get it scratch that question i just read a horror story article

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
NO water fountains -- you have a desert animal -- he should be getting his moisture from his salads rinsed green before serving and his gut loaded insects - I feed mine at nite like carrots and squash along w/ dubia food and dubia dew my roaches like raw shredded sweet potato -- I dont feed the dragons carrots too much Vit A -- you can also drop water on their noses to see if they will lick the water -
you can use a regular LED for extra light they give off NO heat - I do not have a bulb over my cool side as I have two basking areas one is in the middle of the tank which gives enough light for the cool side of the tank