• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Bulb - Issues finding fixture to fit T5 10.0 Reptisun

nvielbig

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello,

For a long time I have used a T8 Reptisun with the Zoomed hood. I read that if you're using the UVB bulb on top of your tank's mesh, that it is a better idea to go with a T5 10.0, instead of T8, because apparently the BD will receive better amounts of UVB.

Hopefully everything I said is true, if so...

I bought a 22" UVB bulb off Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQU8HAO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I also bought a 22" fixture for the bulb: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TOZS07W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately the bulb (22") long doesn't fit into the fixture (The entire fixture is 22" long, so it expects a 18" bulb or somtehing close to that). I am returning both items to Amazon.

I have a 36" long tank, so i figured I would get a UVB Bulb closer to the length of my viv, while I'm going through all this trouble.

I have looked at Walmart, Lowes, and Meijer, and I swear they don't have good fixtures for these T5 bulbs in any way. The Zoomed/Arcadia/etc., branded ones are just priced ridiculously.

Can someone point me towards what I should consider buying :(?

Thank you very much.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most of us use Petmountain.com or I think Fosters and Smith
On Petmountain I just checked the fixture is slightly more than the one you looked at but the bulb is much cheaper than the one you looked at so it may be cheaper in the long run...
Reptisun T5 HO 10.0
*FYI the fixture comes with a T5 5.0 bulb so make sure you get the 10.0 bulb and keep the 5.0 for emergencies.

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
Dr fosters and Smith is having a HUGE sale today you can get the lights and hood or fixture for super cheap :) like 50% off right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
And this is the confusing part. The 22" bulb fits the 24" T5 fixture.