• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgent! Temp UVB!

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragons T8 UV light just burnt out -because of my cat- and I don’t have the money to order a new one until tomorrow and even then it could be a few days and I know that bearded dragons should only go light 2 days at max without UV. I have a tropical UV light that came with my fixture when I ordered it is a 25W T8 tropical bulb. On the order is says it’s ideal for reptiles too but with bearded dragons being desert reptiles will this tropical one be okay for her until I get a new desert series one? She’s 1 year and 3 months old in a 40 gallon tank with a 75 watt incandescent light right now.

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is the original fixture I bought from amazon a year ago. I already removed the plastic cover when I bought it before I put my desert series bulb in but like I said I won’t be able to get another desert series until later.

Zilla Slimline Reptile Fluorescent Lighting Fixture with 3-Percent UVB Lamp, 18-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002QI86U/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

and this is a pic of the bulb attached

Attachments

• A46EBD90-27DF-42F1-B5BB-3C7B007952EE.jpeg
    A46EBD90-27DF-42F1-B5BB-3C7B007952EE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
No I know what bulb I need. That’s the bulb that came with the fixture and wanted to know if it could be used temporary until I ordered my new one.

this is the new one I’m gonna order
Zilla Reptile Habitat Lighting UVB Fluorescent Desert T8 Bulb, 15W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QFROMQ/?tag=exoticpetnetw-2

it’s also the bulb I’ve been using for the last year before it burnt out

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright I’ll grab her a reptisun then. Thanks I just wanted to make sure the tropical one would work until I got a new uv for her. Thank you

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Kaylynangel, Just wanted to let you know that I got my Zach a Reptisun 10.0 UVB Light today. yay me. lol. I have it on the left side rt bye his Basking Light with Temps at and around 100 to 105 taken with a thermo Gun. It is in a fixture set up on a timer on top of wide mesh metal screen is that good? thankyou in advance. Tom.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Kayly, Yes everything you said is spot on. It is 18 inchs and 10 inches off the top of his hammock where he does his main basking.. It is the 10.0 Reptisun UVB light.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Kayly, ok I got it now. Going to put it inside first thing in the Am since it is almost nite nite time for Zach, lol. Thankyou so very much for your Help Kayly. He is doing Great but he will be doing alot better with this New Light. Tom.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Kayly, Just a update for you on my Zach. OMG he is doing Awesome and getting better everyday. eating habits have changed, pooping, and activity is great in his new tank. He really loves his Greens 2 to 3 times a day he hits the bowl. if i knew how to post pics I would. Not very good at it. Thankyou again Kayly. Tom