• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

unhealthy looking feces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey everyone,
I'm worried about my beardie, Figment. His eating habits are normal and I'm pretty sure I have the husbandry set up correctly. His half-sibling(Don't know if Scuttle is a boy or girl yet) is doing just fine, poops normal. But Figment's feces have been looking watery for the past few days, the nitrogen (white part) of the poop had red specks in it and today the tip of the white part was fully red. I'm scarred its blood or something. I was feeding them medium sized crickets for a few weeks but I switched back to small... and I don't think I've fed them enough veggies recently. I don't know if this is relevant but Figment has always eaten more than Scuttle.
What could this mean? And what should I do? I'm really worried and I don't know of any reptile vet to turn to. Please help.
- Lauren

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okay, I thought of something else that might be worth mentioning. Whenever Figment gets close to shedding he starts to wobble when he walks and his aim is off when chasing crickets. I actually end up hand feeding him the small crickets. He's going on his third time shedding since I've had him. Scuttle, on the other hand, didn't seem to exhibit any of these problems the one time he shed.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Can you give a run down of your husbandry? Temps, diet, substrate, lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.