• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two beardies

sjmudjet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it ok for two beardies habitats to be side by side where they can see each other or better to have it blocked so they cant see each other, I don't want them to bond to each other , one is mine and one is my nieces.

by the way Zard finally pooped on his own with no bath !!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would strongly advise for them to not see eachother for a number of reasons, aggravation being 1, being that they are solitary critters that only come together to mate you could trigger things..

sjmudjet

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you, I have black construction paper between both cages so they cant but being I am new to owning any type of reptile I wasn't sure if that was right or not...zard had a first huge molt full body and it was kinda interesting to see...how do I know when he is ready for larger crickets?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank you, I have black construction paper between both cages so they cant but being I am new to owning any type of reptile I wasn't sure if that was right or not...zard had a first huge molt full body and it was kinda interesting to see...how do I know when he is ready for larger crickets?
The paper will be fine it will also help cut down on the reflection of themselves as well. They will shed alot growing up it may feel like they are always shedding lol Just make sure you don't pull any shed off as it can hurt them and also could damage the scales underneath. Warm soaks and a gentle scrub with a toothbrush to help loosen shed that is ready to come off is ok.
Typically with bugs you want to make sure that they are no wider than the space between the beardies eyes.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You don't want them to see each other. The black paper is a good idea. Another thing you want to watch for though is reflection off of other things in the room. I have 3 tanks on a stand one on top of the other and even though my male can't directly see the female, he can sometimes get a glimpse of them from the reflection in one of the other animal tanks or even the tv.