• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tule the baby crested gecko.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
7AE52CFC-33EF-4921-963E-7F30D4CF902B.jpeg

This is Tule :) everyone. hes a tri-color chocolate halloween pinstripe, and So Ive had him for about 2months now i think…. (I didn’t want to post about him incase something went wrong , and it is my first crestie) but i just put him in his new enclosure yesterday , hes been living in a dark little tupperwear with a hide and paper towels, now hes been upgraded to a bioactive with lots of places to hide. (no real plants though, yet) he has totally gone wild since hes been in the new enclosure :mad: ,… i have to start at step one again…. Hopefully he wont drop his tail!! :(

Attachments

• 677A3C22-490D-4A8C-8C49-B44B70B286E1.jpeg
    677A3C22-490D-4A8C-8C49-B44B70B286E1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Wow, he is so cute :) and I love his new home. I don’t really know anything about them, could you give us a little rundown of his requirements, personality, traits?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, he is so cute :) and I love his new home. I don’t really know anything about them, could you give us a little rundown of his requirements, personality, traits?
Sure :) There’s alot of back in fourth between their requirements for lighting, half the people say dont give them a heat bulb the other half say absolutely (they like temps between 70-79) my homes usually that temp, ill have to see in winter how he does, half say absolutely no uvb, and so on… im not using heating cause his enclosure is also next to my tokay so i think the Residual heat coming off of his tank would be enough… im offering the dreaded coil uvb (he wont come out and be under it so im not worried it’ll hurt him)
They require an almost liquid mush diet of fruit powder mix with a few calcium dusted bugs here and there , hes digesting mealworms just fine as a baby and loves tiny crickets, they require high humidity 70~80% so mistings before bed are crucial, at first i was worried his care would be difficult, hes been easier to care for and im not worried of him biting me like the tokay could (not that the tokay would hes too sweet) …. But Up until two days ago, since hes been in the new enclosure hes been very flighty, they’re a gecko that very easily drops its tail so im very worried, you gotta move super slow, and if he runs multiple times you gotta give up and let him be…especially since their tail is prehensile, they kinda need it to wrap around branches and twigs, They’re kinda like the frog of geckos , very jumpy, very very soft, and they lick you alot , its quite cute.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Sure :) There’s alot of back in fourth between their requirements for lighting, half the people say dont give them a heat bulb the other half say absolutely (they like temps between 70-79) my homes usually that temp, ill have to see in winter how he does, half say absolutely no uvb, and so on… im not using heating cause his enclosure is also next to my tokay so i think the Residual heat coming off of his tank would be enough… im offering the dreaded coil uvb (he wont come out and be under it so im not worried it’ll hurt him)
They require an almost liquid mush diet of fruit powder mix with a few calcium dusted bugs here and there , hes digesting mealworms just fine as a baby and loves tiny crickets, they require high humidity 70~80% so mistings before bed are crucial, at first i was worried his care would be difficult, hes been easier to care for and im not worried of him biting me like the tokay could (not that the tokay would hes too sweet) …. But Up until two days ago, since hes been in the new enclosure hes been very flighty, they’re a gecko that very easily drops its tail so im very worried, you gotta move super slow, and if he runs multiple times you gotta give up and let him be…especially since their tail is prehensile, they kinda need it to wrap around branches and twigs, They’re kinda like the frog of geckos , very jumpy, very very soft, and they lick you alot , its quite cute.
I just watched a few vids and their eyelashes are just too cute, I see what you mean about loosing the tail too, lots seem to be missing their tails! Very quick little jumping lizards and very unusual.

Cant wait too see more pics when he will let you.

Latest posts