• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trying to get out all the time!

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 1 year old has woken from brumination and now seems determined to escape! He is constantly at the glass trying to scrabble through. When I open it he holes straight out onto me. He never seems happy though always looking for the next escape route. We popped him in a play pen made of wire and he just spent all the time trying to get through the holes! Is he bored? Ill? Sad? Or is this just who he is? Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 1 year old has woken from brumination and now seems determined to escape! He is constantly at the glass trying to scrabble through. When I open it he holes straight out onto me. He never seems happy though always looking for the next escape route. We popped him in a play pen made of wire and he just spent all the time trying to get through the holes! Is he bored? Ill? Sad? Or is this just who he is? Thanks!
Sounds like he has spring fever which is normal - I would let him out to do his thing 2 hrs - then put him back in his tank to warm up- mine does the glass surfing every time this year and hes in a 120 gallon tank - I put him on the back of my chair in the LR so he can look outside and hes calm and sits there for 2 hrs sometimes less and in that time he will crawl down on the seat behind a throw pillow and take a nap -