• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too Big Of A Mango Chunk

kyra-byrne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today was the first day that I decided to feed my bearded dragon mango. She wasn’t eating her vegetables so I thought adding a little bit of sweet fruit would help her get some veggies in her diet. I put chunks of mango in there and she swallowed them whole. She completely ignored the vegetables by the way. She didn’t chew or anything! When I went to go pick her up, I could feel the mango chunks in her stomach. Like seriously… Three or four mango chunks in her tummy. Please tell me she’s going to digest this! She is still very small and I now realize those mango slices might’ve been a little too big for her.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today was the first day that I decided to feed my bearded dragon mango. She wasn’t eating her vegetables so I thought adding a little bit of sweet fruit would help her get some veggies in her diet. I put chunks of mango in there and she swallowed them whole. She completely ignored the vegetables by the way. She didn’t chew or anything! When I went to go pick her up, I could feel the mango chunks in her stomach. Like seriously… Three or four mango chunks in her tummy. Please tell me she’s going to digest this! She is still very small and I now realize those mango slices might’ve been a little too big for her.
Lets hope they dont impact her ---- you need to feed her some baby food squash or baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce to start pushing things thru--- add a drop or two of honey along w / a drop or two of olive oil -- feed her that till she goes poop--- watch her when shes pooping to make sure shes not straining --- please do not feed her any more food bigger than the size between her eyes length wise -- but for now feed the soft foods I have just mentioned -- hopefully she will pass this --- also make sure shes hydrated either by dropping water on the nose or eye dropper -- the extra water will also help push things thru as well --- keep an eye on her butt or vent to make sure its not swollen

kyra-byrne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good news is that as soon as I read this, she pooped. Bad news is...she pooped directly on me. I would think it was her form of revenge for me feeding her all those mango chunks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good news is that as soon as I read this, she pooped. Bad news is...she pooped directly on me. I would think it was her form of revenge for me feeding her all those mango chunks.
Lol :)-- make sure you don't feed her anymore things to big for her if in doubt cut it up

Azad333

Bearded Dragon Egg
This was posted a long ago, but maybe someone will need this information. Always provide fruits no larger than the distance between their eyes. Larger pieces can cause choking to your bearded dragons. Mangoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals but also have too much sugar and water. Therefore, feed mango to your bearded dragons once a week. Do not feed 2-3 slices of mango at a time, or the bearded dragon may have diarrhea from the access water content of mango. If you want to learn more about feeding fruits to your bearded dragon, check this out https://allpetscience.com/can-a-bearded-dragon-eat-mango/