• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Toe infection

Sully01

Bearded Dragon Egg
20221024_144159.jpg

So this has been a problem for a little while. Saw a wound on him a couple weeks back. It was bleeding but draining. Vet said to keep it clean and try neosporin, they were not very familiar with beardies. I'm wondering if it's an abscess and needs to be seen at an exotic vet office.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 32924
So this has been a problem for a little while. Saw a wound on him a couple weeks back. It was bleeding but draining. Vet said to keep it clean and try neosporin, they were not very familiar with beardies. I'm wondering if it's an abscess and needs to be seen at an exotic vet office.
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on this ASAP-the honey will work on killing the infection -- it looks like it is infected and please get him into a vet -- not the one you went to before --- he needs to be seen by a reptile vet -- www.arav.org if your in a small area/ town type in a bigger cities zip code --
Do not leave any insects especially crickets in the tank when using the honey!!!!!!!!!!
I am flagging your post to Tracie she is a vet tech
Are you using a long tube fixture for a UVB?
@Drache613