• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tile and hello again

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello! I have not been on here for some time. Frank is doing great he is growing well and gaining weight well. However I have decided that I have become very busy with school and music. So I am giving frank to my sister. My sister is 3 years older than me and still lives in the same house, so I will still get to see frank. She actually has a source of income we’re as I do not. I still love frank so much but I feel like he could be getting and even better life with someone else. I’m upgrading to a 120 gallon enclosure soon and we’ll as a new hide basking spot and uvb. My question for you is. Is this tile safe to use https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pebble-Pat...Pattern-Peel-and-Stick-Carpet-Tile/1000363167. And if it’s not safe if you could provide a link to a safe one than I would really appreciate that. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I have not been on here for some time. Frank is doing great he is growing well and gaining weight well. However I have decided that I have become very busy with school and music. So I am giving frank to my sister. My sister is 3 years older than me and still lives in the same house, so I will still get to see frank. She actually has a source of income we’re as I do not. I still love frank so much but I feel like he could be getting and even better life with someone else. I’m upgrading to a 120 gallon enclosure soon and we’ll as a new hide basking spot and uvb. My question for you is. Is this tile safe to use https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pebble-Pat...Pattern-Peel-and-Stick-Carpet-Tile/1000363167. And if it’s not safe if you could provide a link to a safe one than I would really appreciate that. Thanks
No it looks rough-- you want slated ceramic tile that has texture for non slippage - no real rough or coarse tile - cut it to the size of the tank measuring inside the tank -- do not glue it down or grout it - the reason being is if you ever need to completely sanitize the tank you wont be able to get it out - lay it in there loose - you can use some shop paper towels from Walmart they are like blue and thick they will absorb the watery poop and easy clean up - use some vinegar/ water solution 50-50 -- you will need the tile cut w/ a tile cutter so you do not get jagged edges - your local Home Depot may offer that service some do some do not
here is a piece of my tile I got from Home Depot cost me $13 to tile my tank

Attachments

• floor tile.jpg
    floor tile.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 7

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No it looks rough-- you want slated ceramic tile that has texture for non slippage - no real rough or coarse tile - cut it to the size of the tank measuring inside the tank -- do not glue it down or grout it - the reason being is if you ever need to completely sanitize the tank you wont be able to get it out - lay it in there loose - you can use some shop paper towels from Walmart they are like blue and thick they will absorb the watery poop and easy clean up - use some vinegar/ water solution 50-50 -- you will need the tile cut w/ a tile cutter so you do not get jagged edges - your local Home Depot may offer that service some do some do not
here is a piece of my tile I got from Home Depot cost me $13 to tile my tank
Thanks for the fast respons. Could I have a link for some tile. I’ve tried looking and can’t find the exact thing. I want to make sure I have the best substrate for him. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the fast respons. Could I have a link for some tile. I’ve tried looking and can’t find the exact thing. I want to make sure I have the best substrate for him. Thanks
You need to go into the store itself to look and feel- you want smooth but w/ texture- rough or coarse will give abrasions-

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I found my tile at a restore,
Bought more than i needed and only spent a few dollars, they had several different types sizes and textures, i bought few kinds and made pattern,.
Try a building repurpose store if you got one in your town