1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'General Bearded Dragon Discussion' started by NeoMc, Apr 5, 2019.

1. NeoMc

NeoMc Bearded Dragon Egg

I believe my guy is a guy, but I can't "see lizard balls" like my Google searches tell me...
    [​IMG]
  2. Gerald Smith

Gerald Smith Hatchling Dragon

It looks like two bumps to me so that should be a male. But I’m not even close to being experienced enough to tell. Probably doesn’t help but that’s my 2¢
  3. NeoMc

NeoMc Bearded Dragon Egg

No it helps, you see the bumps too.
    Gerald Smith likes this.
  4. mamaof2dragons

mamaof2dragons Juvenile Dragon

I'd say based on the obvious femoral pores and the "bumps" you have a Male but its a little hard based on the photo. try shining a flashlight through the base of the tail, that will usually show the hemipense
    Gerald Smith likes this.
  5. Hdrydr31

Hdrydr31 Bearded Dragon Veteran Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Best way to tell what gender they are is this: in a dark room & (in that position) Be careful not to bend back their tails too far or you can hurt them, shine a LED light on the top side base of the tail and from underneath you should be able to see their organs.. If a boy you will see 2 hemipenes by the vent. If you see 1 bump it is a female. The below link should be of help.
    https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/
    -Try gently bending a smidge further and look from a different angle sometimes you can feel for the bumps as well. Hold your hands closer to the base of their tails as that will tighten the skin around the vent
    Males also have a thicker base of the tail than females
  6. TorQueSS

TorQueSS Bearded Dragon Egg

That actually looks female, small femoral pours too, easier to see the bumps if you lift the tail from the back when they’re laying on their tummy
  7. TorQueSS

TorQueSS Bearded Dragon Egg

image.jpg Check out my baby’s junk, can’t really see his glands in this pic tho
  8. Future’s Mom

Future’s Mom Bearded Dragon Egg

He’s a bit young to know with 100% certainty, however I’d say there is a 95% chance you have a male. At about 6 months he will start to pass sperm plugs in his poop, and then you will know for sure. Hope this helps!
  9. Jordana

Jordana Bearded Dragon Egg

Looks like a male to me. I can see a slight separation between the two bumps. I'll attach some pics of mine for reference. First 2 pics are my 1 y/o female. Other ones are my approx. 7 y/o rescued male (who was not impressed with me looking at his junk lol)

Attached Files:

10. JeanBD

JeanBD Hatchling Dragon

male. you can tell by the lump and the femoral pores