• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinned tail - looks dry and darker

taIFan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I’m looking for an advice with following issue - yesterday I’ve noticed at the end of the tail it looks like someone bite it.
Today it did progressed a little more.
Should I go to vet?

thank you for the advice

Attachments

• C169F981-6EFF-407C-A752-9E72B467FDA7.jpeg
    C169F981-6EFF-407C-A752-9E72B467FDA7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 81F015D7-A738-4199-AC35-2D507314904F.jpeg
    81F015D7-A738-4199-AC35-2D507314904F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
It seems like an infection of some sort. Or maybe tail rot. Are you cleaning the tank correctly, and is your beardie shedding alright? And make sure not to leave things like crickets with him in the tank unsupervised because they can bite him and that can cause and infection

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,

I’m looking for an advice with following issue - yesterday I’ve noticed at the end of the tail it looks like someone bite it.
Today it did progressed a little more.
Should I go to vet?

thank you for the advice
Has the skin been pulled off thats what it looks like --- please if that is what happened do not do it anymore --- it looks like the scales have been damaged --- and yes it needs some care here is a pic of what happened to this tail and the child pulled the shed off
https://www.beardeddragonforum.com/threads/pink-on-tail-after-shedding.25579/
here is what was recommended to help the tail - I dont know if yours is bad enough but please do this to help it heal
No Neosporin it may burn it --- raw unpasteurized honey use it two times per day NO crickets in the tank please they will go straight for the honey -- watch for infection black -- if it starts to turn black above the end of the tail not the end it will fall off eventually - the honey is a antibacterial that will kill infection --- if you haft to take pics of the tail if it starts turning black above the end thats where it will start to creep up the tail and you do not want that -- thats when a vet visit will be in order -- what progressed a little more?