• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinking about getting a Bearded Dragon need some advice.

Joe Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive recently been thinking about getting a bearded dragon, I’ve done a lot of research but I’m struggling to know what what the good and trustworthy brands are.

I need a Vivarium- I’ve been looking at a 30 gallon one as I want to buy the bearded dragon young. This will then give me 18months to get a new one.
I need a heat lamp
Thermostat
Thermometers
Timer
Full spectrum light
Substrate

I’m new to this all and would really like it if people could link me to some good trusty brands I can buy off.

Thanks

Shakespeare’sMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also did a lot of research before getting my baby! That shows you are very responsible and ready for your own baby! From all I have researched, I don’t think substrate other than tile is appropriate. I’ve seen many dragons show up in the ER on animal planet with a gut full of sand or other substrate! For lighting, I’m using a heat lamp with UVB and a T8 reptisun 10.0 for UVB. My baby boy “goes” in the same place every day so I put down paper towels and remove ASAP. Good luck and stay in touch !