• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temps

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Now that our new 40 gallon breeder is set up with the Arcadia 12%UVB tube we’re having a hard time getting the temps up !
Along with the Arcadia we have a 100w basking bulb in a dome light above the tank as well as a 100W CHE. Even with both bulbs on, my digital probe thermometer is reading 81% in the basking area
2639.png

(I ordered a temp gun for a more accurate reading but it won’t be in til Friday)

I have a 75W bulb from the smaller terrarium .. would adding that without a dimmer be too much ? I’m not sure if my thermometer is just off or if it really is that cold in there ! With just the CHE on at night it was reading 75 degrees. Confused how it would only go up 5 degrees with a 100W basking bulb

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is the tank ! I’m going to move the probe closer to the basking log to see if I get a better reading
8D16020D-A520-4708-A35D-41A1FFE3366A.jpeg

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am using the Sunblaster light fixture for my Arcadia ! It came with the reflectors on it, it is a plant/grow light I just switched out the bulb for the Arcadia & zip tied it to the mesh cover. I’ll move the furniture around and see how it goes. Hoping to get my hands on a temp gun while I wait for mine to be delivered

he usually sits in his hammock to bask or half on the hammock half on the log . Do you think the hammock should be higher up closer to the bulbs ?

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
With the probe right ontop of the hammock the digital thermometer reads 83 degrees. And that’s with 100W bulb 100W Ceramic Heat Emitter and an additional 75W bulb . I’m thinking it has to be wrong it should definitely be warmer in there than that .

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
He sits on the hammock or the taller log with green on it right next to the hammock for basking. The temp reads 80 both on the hammock and the log.

mflavin79

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel your probe may be incorrect there’s no way it’s that cool underneath all those bulbs

thujone

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think part of the problem might be that your basking log and tree are very low to the ground. I have the exact same tank with a 100W bulb, but with a basking tree I got from PetSmart that is much taller. My baby dragon can get about 6 inches from the bulbs sitting on top of the tree, and it's 105 degrees at the top. He's usually sitting on the top of the tree.