• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temp Trouble

Smawg

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have my beardie in a 75 Gal. Aquarium, 48 Length x 18 Height
Aside of her having the T5 HO 24W UVB tube light, I have a 150 watt basking light in a tall dome lamp, & I have a 100 watt day light in a big wider dome lamp. Pictures are included. My question is. why is my heat reading so low? The heat probe is on the side front where the basking light is & the other temp gauge is basically in the same spot but on the back of the tank. I have put a towel on the other side to hold in the heat but it only stays 2 degrees warmer, Once I take it off it drops back down 2 degrees. She hasn't gone up on the log to bask or anything as if she is freezing cold & she is warm to the touch. However she is in process of shedding & really doesn't want to move around much & us living in Ohio the weather getting cooler she maybe wants to brumate too. so by that, maybe she is not basking or anything for those 2 reasons. Every time I get a light I will hold it on top of my hand & I am exspecting it to be really hot, but I can hold it very close to my skin, does this sound right? I have done this with several lights. I mean they all can not be defected right?

Attachments

• IMG_5816.JPG
    IMG_5816.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5829.JPG
    IMG_5829.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5830.JPG
    IMG_5830.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 23

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would get a temp gun and check the temps with that. Your analog gauge is only giving you the temp of the glass and not really where your dragon is sitting. There could be a glitch with the digital probe.