• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tart Cherry Concentrate Dosage

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
I went to the vet about 2 months ago and my beardie had very high uric acid levels. They said she may be dehydrated or too cold (the ambient temp on the hot side is mid 90’s and basking spot is 105-110°) I’ve been trying to hydrate her but so far I feel like she hasn’t been any more hydrated as before the vet. I got some tart cherry concentrate, but I don’t know what the dosage is and can’t find it anywhere online. Does anyone know a safe level to give, or the dilution rate with water for bearded dragons?

Attachments

• 941585CE-797C-4691-9D3E-D03680E9DCDB.png
    941585CE-797C-4691-9D3E-D03680E9DCDB.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • D0AE0B99-9D73-4FDE-B761-1BC6D3AC2675.png
    D0AE0B99-9D73-4FDE-B761-1BC6D3AC2675.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I went to the vet about 2 months ago and my beardie had very high uric acid levels. They said she may be dehydrated or too cold (the ambient temp on the hot side is mid 90’s and basking spot is 105-110°) I’ve been trying to hydrate her but so far I feel like she hasn’t been any more hydrated as before the vet. I got some tart cherry concentrate, but I don’t know what the dosage is and can’t find it anywhere online. Does anyone know a safe level to give, or the dilution rate with water for bearded dragons?
I am not sure but I can find out ---- your dragon is dehydrated if the urate is chalky and dried out looking -- if its white formed and moist hes not dehydrated -- did the vet prescribe allopurinol for the uric acid levels? Does your dragon have swollen limbs ? What UVB are you using a coil or a tube and what insect are you feeding?

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
I am not sure but I can find out ---- your dragon is dehydrated if the urate is chalky and dried out looking -- if its white formed and moist hes not dehydrated -- did the vet prescribe allopurinol for the uric acid levels? Does your dragon have swollen limbs ? What UVB are you using a coil or a tube and what insect are you feeding?
Her urates have been pretty soft with some textured pink on the end and her stool has been pretty consistently watery. I’m waiting for her to go again so that I can have it tested for parasites, although she was clear when she went to the vet last. The vet didn’t prescribe allopurinol or any medication, I don’t think the uric acid was high enough for that, just high enough for concern. No swollen limbs, using a 34” Arcadia 12% D3 bulb 12 inches above basking spot (brand new installed yesterday) and a Mega Ray 160W MVB 20 inches above basking spot (brand new installed today). Was feeding BSFL but ran out so been feeding dubia

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Her urates have been pretty soft with some textured pink on the end and her stool has been pretty consistently watery. I’m waiting for her to go again so that I can have it tested for parasites, although she was clear when she went to the vet last. The vet didn’t prescribe allopurinol or any medication, I don’t think the uric acid was high enough for that, just high enough for concern. No swollen limbs, using a 34” Arcadia 12% D3 bulb 12 inches above basking spot (brand new installed yesterday) and a Mega Ray 160W MVB 20 inches above basking spot (brand new installed today). Was feeding BSFL but ran out so been feeding dubia
Ok so all sounds good - please change the staple feeder dubias are not a good feeder w/ dragons high in uric acid- bsfl silk worms are good- waiting to hear back from the vet tech I reached out to- what supplements are you giving her? She's not dehydrated w/ watery poo

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so all sounds good - please change the staple feeder dubias are not a good feeder w/ dragons high in uric acid- bsfl silk worms are good- waiting to hear back from the vet tech I reached out to- what supplements are you giving her? She's not dehydrated w/ watery poo
She gets bugs once a week -whatever kind they are- and they are dusted w repashy calcium plus so she gets that once a week

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lately, not really. She had one day where she was super active and eating a bunch, but since then I can barely get her to eat salad even with bee pollen
What about the insects? I would switch to bsfl and silkworms- dubias are not good for uric acid levels

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
What about the insects? I would switch to bsfl and silkworms- dubias are not good for uric acid levels
Are sillworms okay as a staple? I always heard to give them in moderation and don’t wanna give her too much if that’s true

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What's the best place to get them, in your opinion?
I heard back from the vet tech this is what she said

For black or tart cherry juice extract, you can give .5ml to 1ml daily. You can dilute it with water or
give it to him straight.

Please watch the shipping on these -- I have ordered from reptilian arts lots of times and from coastal silkworms as well -- they have a west coast and a east coast -- tc insects I have not ordered from and I think they are real high on shipping ---

https://reptilianarts.com/

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
I heard back from the vet tech this is what she said

For black or tart cherry juice extract, you can give .5ml to 1ml daily. You can dilute it with water or
give it to him straight.

Please watch the shipping on these -- I have ordered from reptilian arts lots of times and from coastal silkworms as well -- they have a west coast and a east coast -- tc insects I have not ordered from and I think they are real high on shipping ---

https://reptilianarts.com/
Thank you! I will get some more BSFL and some silkworms to feed her. I gave her only 0.2 mL of the tart cherry concentrate yesterday undiluted, so I’ll do 0.5mL now. Thank you to the vet tech as well :)