• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank

Colleen

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am giving my beardie a larger home. We started with a 10 gal but by the time we put stuff in we are noticing it’s a little small. He’s getting bigger quick! Anyway- is there any difference in Exo Terra vs Zoo med. both are 36x18x18. The exo terra has that extra vent across the front. Does it really make a difference or just a way for the company to make more money?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The only difference is the way they open. I prefer the front opening tank because it’s easy to get them in and out and easy to clean. I also like that I don’t have to move lights off the top of the tank to get in the tank.

Colleen

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got the front and I like it much better. Here is my concern now. Mushu darts from one end to the other when I try to hold him. He gets to the point where he looks like he is goi g to bite me. He didn’t have all this space to run from us in the old one. ‍♀️

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just be patient with him and talk to him softly even when you aren't trying to pick him up. When you clean his tank, let your hands linger in the tank without reaching for him. Remember when you do pick him up, always come at him from the front and scoop him with one hand and then supporting his back legs with the other hand. Never reach over his head to pick him up because he will think you are a bird swooping in to eat him!

Colleen

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you. I getting worried. We did notice last night that he shed some off his leg. I’m sure he doesn’t want to be held while shedding either. I didn’t realize he was starting a shed.

He is happy to come to the door when He sees me with the cricket keeper!!! LOL