1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!
  1. Kristeen Haugen

Kristeen Haugen Bearded Dragon Egg

2560FE8C-DE35-4476-BDA3-36A731D2032F.jpeg Hey all.

I want to redo my dragons tank. He seems ok with what I have now but look really plain. He acts like he needs more to do or something. So I was looking into that clay stuff that you can form and make burrows for them to hide in. Has anyone tired that stuff or even heard of it? If so would it be good to try and how hard is it to clean his BM up.

This is an older pic. He has a tree thing and a water dish. Just not in the pic.
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

If you still have the red bulb please get rid of it --- they hurt their eyes and can cause long term eye damage --- if there is coil in the dome for a UVB -- please get rid of it- here is some info on UVB' s --
    Which UVB light should I use?

The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia). UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 8-10 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays-- I would replace this ASAP---
    the sand substrate can cause impaction - I would get rid of it as well -- you can replace w/ textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes cheap easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle and insects cannot get underneath-- what size tank is he in? If its a 40 gallon I would look at upgrading to a 75-120 gallon tank - w/ front doors - that is recommended size for an adult dragon--- you need a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps to 95-105 and taken w/ a infrared heat gun or a digital probe for accurate temps
    kaylyn
    Matthew McCarter likes this.