• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank humidity

QueenElizardbethII

Bearded Dragon Egg
Heyyy, so I have a year old bearded dragon, I love her to death and treat her like a Queen (hence her name, Queen Elizardbeth) but I cannot figure out how to keep her tank humidity between 30 and 40 percent. I’ve tried everything; small dehumidifier in her tank, socks with rice (3), bigger dehumidifier outside of her tank, extra hygrometers to read humidity in her favorite spots, and even plants, such as cacti and succulents, which I read could help lower humidity but I found it didn’t do much and they just made a mess so I removed them. But her tank is hovering at about 45-47 on her warmer side, and at about 50 on her cooler side. I get very concerned at night when her lights are switched to nighttime ones, as they get to around 56 on the heated side and it can range- depending on the night I guess- between 65 and 71(which was the highest one I’ve seen in her tank) on the cooler side (which is just a uvb bulb at night). I am extremely worried for her. I don’t want her to get a respiratory infection or any other health problem that could threaten her life. Am I freaking out over nothing? Is there something else I could try? Any advice would be amazing. Thank you :)

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Heyyy, so I have a year old bearded dragon, I love her to death and treat her like a Queen (hence her name, Queen Elizardbeth) but I cannot figure out how to keep her tank humidity between 30 and 40 percent. I’ve tried everything; small dehumidifier in her tank, socks with rice (3), bigger dehumidifier outside of her tank, extra hygrometers to read humidity in her favorite spots, and even plants, such as cacti and succulents, which I read could help lower humidity but I found it didn’t do much and they just made a mess so I removed them. But her tank is hovering at about 45-47 on her warmer side, and at about 50 on her cooler side. I get very concerned at night when her lights are switched to nighttime ones, as they get to around 56 on the heated side and it can range- depending on the night I guess- between 65 and 71(which was the highest one I’ve seen in her tank) on the cooler side (which is just a uvb bulb at night). I am extremely worried for her. I don’t want her to get a respiratory infection or any other health problem that could threaten her life. Am I freaking out over nothing? Is there something else I could try? Any advice would be amazing. Thank you :)
You could pray her less if you spray her. You could take the water bowl out at night. I have the same problem but the water bowl helps!