• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taking your beardie out and about

LeslieInVa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!!
With all of this craziness in the media and our world with coronavirus, I totally needed to get back to more enjoyable hobbies like my beardie fun. This may seem like a stupid question, but, when you take your beardie out to stores etc, how long do you keep them out for? My closest petsmart, grocery store, etc is About 30 minutes away. We live in Virginia so it’s still cold...
I’d love to take my boy with us to these outings, but honestly we never have in the six wonderful years we’ve had with him! He hasn’t gone beyond supervised outside yard play time. Any input or hints would be great. Thanks friends! ❤️

LeslieInVa

Bearded Dragon Egg
I live in MN so I try not to take my beardies out when its cold --- I wait in the spring time when it starts getting warmed up like 60+ to take them to their vet appts and that is a 45 minute drive one way - we have taken Hiccup to Petco and to Taco Johns to eat and he sits in his carrier -- I bought a small pet carrier and it has been so handy the front opens up on it so he can sit on the door or it has the screen mesh on the top of the carrier that we open in the car and he sits on that and looks outside the car window while riding -- he loves it --- so hes been out for several hrs at a time --- as long as its warm and if you have him outside where he can get direct sunlight he should be good for awhile
Thanks a ton!

LeslieInVa

Bearded Dragon Egg
0D95EEEB-8037-454E-9702-3A6FBDB093D0.jpeg 29B9934C-AEB8-4655-860A-01D3AC64DEDD.jpeg