• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot ???

Jenndaggett530

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought a 67 month year old juvenile at Petco and now I know after doing lots of research that was not a good move. But I do have him now he was missing 3 toes.. And I noticed his tail it's bent a little bit at the end it looks dark. I was wondering anybody would know if this is tail rot or if I should be concerned hes eating and going to the bathroom fine And moving his tail up-and-down and legs. He did just shed yesterday too

Attachments

• Resized_20220915_145026.jpeg
    Resized_20220915_145026.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Resized_20220915_145059.jpeg
    Resized_20220915_145059.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Resized_20220915_145007.jpeg
    Resized_20220915_145007.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought a 67 month year old juvenile at Petco and now I know after doing lots of research that was not a good move. But I do have him now he was missing 3 toes.. And I noticed his tail it's bent a little bit at the end it looks dark. I was wondering anybody would know if this is tail rot or if I should be concerned hes eating and going to the bathroom fine And moving his tail up-and-down and legs. He did just shed yesterday too
Hes got a nip on the end --- it looks like its gonna fall off --- watch it it should scab over after it falls off --- youccan put some raw unpasteurized honey on it that will stop any infection from starting --- please do not leave any crickets in the tank and watch how many you dont want them hiding out and coming out at night and getting to the tail w/ honey on it -- its best to feed him in a separate container if feeding crickets

Jenndaggett530

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. I only fed him a couple at a time and meal worms. But I watch him eat, I only leave the greens in the tank, which he snacks on throughout the day.