• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot ?

Tbar

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
I picked up this guy 2 months ago no problems 3 nights ago I noticed his tail was bleeding and now it’s like this been treating it with betidine for 2 day just woundering if this is tail rot or stuck shed

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 30896I picked up this guy 2 months ago no problems 3 nights ago I noticed his tail was bleeding and now it’s like this been treating it with betidine for 2 day just woundering if this is tail rot or stuck shed
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it ASAP-- Manuka is real good but any raw unpasteurized will work- do not leave any crickets in the tank if your feeding them- the honey will kill any infection- watch for black that's infection- I am going to have another person look at it

Tbar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it ASAP-- Manuka is real good but any raw unpasteurized will work- do not leave any crickets in the tank if your feeding them- the honey will kill any infection- watch for black that's infection- I am going to have another person look at it
Okay I have some raw honey on hand thank you

Tbar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay I have some raw honey on hand thank you
How do I go about applying the honey?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do I go about applying the honey?
With a q tip --- I got a response back from the person I emailed here is what she said
Yeah , that part of the tail has a significant wound and may fall off or need to be amputated. What might have caused this ? Did the lid slam on the tail, is there another dragon [ although it doesn't look like a dragon bite ] or another person in your home that you might question ? Raw honey is good, betadine soaks might help too but seeing an experienced reptile vet would be advisable. Please update on things go with the tail, best wishes !

www.arav.org

Tbar

Bearded Dragon Egg
45B1A7B0-FC76-4F18-831C-BBE00FD3DF44.jpeg

Tail has fallen off and is healing up nicely still having daily betadine dips thanks for the help