• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot?

Sandramichelle72

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a 9year old female beardie. She was use for breeding and is very small. She came with a male that approx 3 years old . The lady I got them from said the male kept bitting her tail. Her tail is kinda short .today we had them in the same area while I cleaned their tanks . He started bitting her tail and it's horrible. The vet that accepts reptiles is 3 hours away. So for now what can I do to help her tail .... She is eating and is still very social. But her tail looks awful . What can I do to help till I get her to the vet?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The male will keep bitting her so not allowing them any together time as they are solitary critters would be first.. Keep her tail clean by soaking it in water and betadine (weakened to look like a weak tea in color). If you have them on any loose substrate remove it and put down paper towels.. Sometimes their tails need to be stitched closed or amputated..