• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot?

Kellie Courtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I noticed my beardie's tail has turned black at the tip. He recently shed his entire tail and I'm wondering if maybe a piece didn't come off. I don't know what to do, I soak him in warm water everyday and it's still black.

Attachments

• 1527094649345368028891.jpg
    1527094649345368028891.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 1527094699792734393743.jpg
    1527094699792734393743.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That isn't looking normal it at all, you may want to have him seen by your exotic vet as that tip may need to be removed.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks like there is something going on there. I agree with having an exotic vet take a look at it.

Kellie Courtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
That isn't looking normal it at all, you may want to have him seen by your exotic vet as that tip may need to be removed.
I put Neosporin without painkillers on it last night and it looks somewhat better. I'm going to soak it in warm water again today and if it's still bad this weekend I'll take him to the vet because I don't have time to during the week. Thank you

Kellie Courtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks like there is something going on there. I agree with having an exotic vet take a look at it.
Thank you, I will this weekend if it's still looking bad. I hope it's nothing serious :/ I just got him around a month ago and i love him. It doesnt seem to be bothering him, he's eating a lot and still very active but if it's tail rot I dont want it to spread

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, I will this weekend if it's still looking bad. I hope it's nothing serious :/ I just got him around a month ago and i love him. It doesnt seem to be bothering him, he's eating a lot and still very active but if it's tail rot I dont want it to spread
Understandable they grab on to our hearts super fast. It likely won't bother him but just don't let it go to to long as it will spread down his tail and can't get infected more and could potentially get into his blood stream in the worst cases.

Kellie Courtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Understandable they grab on to our hearts super fast. It likely won't bother him but just don't let it go to to long as it will spread down his tail and can't get infected more and could potentially get into his blood stream in the worst cases.
I just gave my bearded dragon a bath and the tip of his tail is about to fall off!! It's like half way on and it's bleeding, i think im going to take him to the vet right now. He's not acting like he's in any pain but i dont want it to get infected ahhhh im so worried

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe poor baby..dont stress too much they are really tough critters. More than likely the bleeding will stop or the vet will get it to stop and he will be just fine. Just keep it clean, no substrate if you use any.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shawna Cope

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has the similar thing. His isn't black but it's way darker than the rest of him.
f88a9d5f151e245d2ef70c4869ef719d.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon has the similar thing. His isn't black but it's way darker than the rest of him.
f88a9d5f151e245d2ef70c4869ef719d.jpg

That's normal coloring they get. Some get darker when on alert some when excited...