• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail issue - should I be worried?

Joesmom

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay so just over the past few days we’ve noticed our guy’s tail looked a little crooked, and now I’m wondering if part of it fell off? It’s a little squared off on the end...I’ll try to attach pictures below. I looked up tail rot but don’t know how fast it spreads and if we should just watch and not do anything unless we see some additional change? Could the tail just have been damaged and never get any worse/just stay the same? One of the pictures is from a few weeks or maybe a month ago, and then in the other you can see the tail is sort of squared off. His health is excellent as far as we can tell - chases his crickets, eats some of his morning and evening greens, and generally appears active and alert.

Attachments

• 98F76BE3-9466-4889-9EB7-199100203D6D.jpeg
    98F76BE3-9466-4889-9EB7-199100203D6D.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 6B539F2C-0137-42A7-A54F-16492B98710D.jpeg
    6B539F2C-0137-42A7-A54F-16492B98710D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Looks completely fine. He may have had a small nip before you got him. The pattern on the tail naturally is a bit darker as it moves toward the tip, and sometimes you'll see it darken more than other times, but he's beautiful and healthy-looking

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
my beardie has the exact same tail, and i wouldn't worry. I did noticed that his tail tip was darker than other parts when i got him, but its totally okay.

Latest posts