• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen toe

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey guys,
So I woke up this morning and noticed my girls back toe is pretty swollen. I attached a picture so you guys can take a look. Immediately I thought maybe it was stuck shed and soaked her in a warm bath. Upon attempting to gently scrub it with a soft tooth brush it became clear that it's causing her a lot of pain. So of course I inspected it closer and honestly it doesn't look like there is any stuck shed on the toe. I'm wondering if this looks like gout?

Of course I have already reached out to our vet tech and am calling tomorrow morning to figure out the quickest possible time we can get her in. I guess I'm just extremely worried about her as I know gout is pretty serious. Any help will be appreciated very much

Attachments

• IMG_6975.JPG
    IMG_6975.JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 725

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That really is swollen. I wonder if she snagged it on something and it's like a sprain.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That really is swollen. I wonder if she snagged it on something and it's like a sprain.

That's what I'm hoping has happened. Unfortunately we can not get her in to see her doctor until next Wednesday afternoon. In the mean time I've been soaking her little foot in warm water thinking if it is just an injury maybe the heat will help.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wanted to update everyone. She went to the vet today and after examining and feeling the toe he believes she has broken it. He told us he can feel the actual bone pressing against her skin. Her toe is so small he really did not want to draw blood from it or charge us for x-rays when there is not much to be done for a broken toe. He wants us to either switch to a smaller basking platform or put a hammock under our current one since we believe she may have fallen off and traumatized her toe. She goes back in a month to see if the swelling has gone down and if not x-rays and blood work will be done.