• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen digit &test results

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone I have noticed my beardie with a swollen digit in October and have taken him to the vet. He received an X-ray which showed nothing besides swollen soft tissue in his affected digit. His blood tests showed very high Uric acid levels ( I was feeding him only roaches and didn’t have a clue it could lead to issues). I’m wondering if there are any opinions on these tests. His levels are coming down quick due to an all green diet (collard green, Bok choy, dandelion green). For UVB he has a brand new t5 h0. The Vet also had him on an IM injection for 10 doses of CEFTAZIDIME. and Tramadol orally every 24 hours. Also, I notice his phosphorous is low and they didn’t mention anything about that but should I aim to bring that higher and how could I achieve that?

Attachments

• FCA6A985-E5DC-40D5-98D3-01A638B8ADB1.png
    FCA6A985-E5DC-40D5-98D3-01A638B8ADB1.png
    994.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 80971F88-9D2A-4DB5-9AED-BDB333F2661C.png
    80971F88-9D2A-4DB5-9AED-BDB333F2661C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 52744ED8-6BB3-4B78-8C61-29A39FD76E60.png
    52744ED8-6BB3-4B78-8C61-29A39FD76E60.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone I have noticed my beardie with a swollen digit in October and have taken him to the vet. He received an X-ray which showed nothing besides swollen soft tissue in his affected digit. His blood tests showed very high Uric acid levels ( I was feeding him only roaches and didn’t have a clue it could lead to issues). I’m wondering if there are any opinions on these tests. His levels are coming down quick due to an all green diet (collard green, Bok choy, dandelion green). For UVB he has a brand new t5 h0. The Vet also had him on an IM injection for 10 doses of CEFTAZIDIME. and Tramadol orally every 24 hours. Also, I notice his phosphorous is low and they didn’t mention anything about that but should I aim to bring that higher and how could I achieve that?
I contacted my friend who is a vet tech in Texas and shes very good here is what she said about your dragon

How is that dragon doing?
The uric acid levels are a bit elevated. Is the vet helping them out with
gout meds or has he not mentioned doing so yet?
Be sure to tell them to avoid dubias or at the very least decrease them
if they are using them as a feeder. Get them started on the black or
tart cherry juice as soon as possible to help with renal function.

They can contact me directly, if needed.

Tracie

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
I contacted my friend who is a vet tech in Texas and shes very good here is what she said about your dragon

How is that dragon doing?
The uric acid levels are a bit elevated. Is the vet helping them out with
gout meds or has he not mentioned doing so yet?
Be sure to tell them to avoid dubias or at the very least decrease them
if they are using them as a feeder. Get them started on the black or
tart cherry juice as soon as possible to help with renal function.

They can contact me directly, if needed.

Tracie
Thank you so much! The vet didn’t rule out gout but they said they think it’s from an injury he sustained as he used to be very active and loved jumping and climbing. Since the first blood test I transitioned him to an ALL green diet with absolutely no insects throughout the week. Should I give him atleast a few per week? I have read about the tart cherry juice and am going to be ordering some soon. No other meds besides the IM injection and the Tramadol

thank you both for getting this info to me

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much! The vet didn’t rule out gout but they said they think it’s from an injury he sustained as he used to be very active and loved jumping and climbing. Since the first blood test I transitioned him to an ALL green diet with absolutely no insects throughout the week. Should I give him atleast a few per week? I have read about the tart cherry juice and am going to be ordering some soon. No other meds besides the IM injection and the Tramadol

thank you both for getting this info to me
I would get him some bsfl large and he will eat a lot or some silk worms he still needs protein if you need more help please ask