• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Switching from cricket to dubia... help!

BeardiePrincess7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!! I have a baby beardie who was eating size small crickets and we want to switch him to dubia. I was told here that any size would be ok for him. I got the small/medium from dubiaroaches.com, but these things are kinda big! They’re much wider than crickets and I don’t want him impacted! Is there something that makes these easier to digest than crickets? Is size 5/8” medium ok for a beardie eating size small crickets? I also got him medium bsfl. Just checking these are also ok to give.
thanks so much!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21

BeardiePrincess7

Bearded Dragon Egg
i think they look good! rule of thumb is to make sure that they aren’t bigger than the space between your dragons eyes
Thanks! Ive read this about crickets and wondered if same applies to Dubai’s. So, I looked around this site and I’ve read mixed reports on this.. Is it the Dubias width or length that shouldn’t be longer than space between their eyes? Our Dubias seem mostly longer than wider. Thank you!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks! Ive read this about crickets and wondered if same applies to Dubai’s. So, I looked around this site and I’ve read mixed reports on this.. Is it the Dubias width or length that shouldn’t be longer than space between their eyes? Our Dubias seem mostly longer than wider. Thank you!
length!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi!! I have a baby beardie who was eating size small crickets and we want to switch him to dubia. I was told here that any size would be ok for him. I got the small/medium from dubiaroaches.com, but these things are kinda big! They’re much wider than crickets and I don’t want him impacted! Is there something that makes these easier to digest than crickets? Is size 5/8” medium ok for a beardie eating size small crickets? I also got him medium bsfl. Just checking these are also ok to give.
thanks so much!!!
I would knock it down one size --- to me they look like they could pose a problem its good to be on the safe side