• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Switching from albon to toltrazuril

Ashley Nicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so I'm somewhat experienced with beardies but not really with sick ones. These two I got a couple months ago have been fighting every parasite they can get. I'm working on having them tested for aradenovirus but until I get that test trying to lower the coccidia and pinworm counts. The albon and pyrantel the vet has been prescribing doesn't seem to be doing anything and she isn't very familiar with beardies so i took it into my own hands to research and just received my shipment of toltrazuril. Slate (my smaller beardie) he hasn't taken the albon or pyrantel in over a week so I know hes fine but granite started showing serious signs if infection that she hadn't shown before She's always gained weight and is literally 3 times his size and they were the same size when I got them. So i tried to hold off for the new meds to get here when she tested pos for coccidia amd pinworms because we've done several fecals and she's been treated for pinworms, flagellated protozoa, and a bacterial infection but never saw coccidia. Well her stools stayed runny so did another fecal that showed coccidia and pinworms. But she stopped eating for 2 days so i have in and gave her the first 3 doses of albon. My question is, how long should i wait to give her toltrazuril? Or can i go ahead and switch her?