• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Supplements

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone help with supplements lol
I’ve done a lot of research and am getting my beardie next week but the only thing I’m still confused about is supplements. So from what I’ve gathered they need a calcium supplement and a multivitamin. (and one of those needs to have added d3??) but people have said to feed them like calcium, day off, multi, calcium, multi, calcium, day off. Or smth like that. Is this right ? And if it is, do I put them on each meal they have a day or only on one. Can someone give me their supplement schedule to help please

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I’ve done a lot of research and am getting my beardie next week but the only thing I’m still confused about is supplements. So from what I’ve gathered they need a calcium supplement and a multivitamin. (and one of those needs to have added d3??) but people have said to feed them like calcium, day off, multi, calcium, multi, calcium, day off. Or smth like that. Is this right ? And if it is, do I put them on each meal they have a day or only on one. Can someone give me their supplement schedule to help please
I lightly dust my beardie's food with d3 or multivitamin once a week. And I do normal calcium every other day. For an adult I would suggest doing a multivitamin once a month and calcium 3 times a week. And d3 no more than once a week. There are other schedules that can work, this is just the one I personally prefer.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First how old is the dragon? Next what are you using for a UVB? There is a difference in the supplement schedule and how much is fed w/the questions I asked

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
First how old is the dragon? Next what are you using for a UVB? There is a difference in the supplement schedule and how much is fed w/the questions I asked
I’m not sure exactly how old the dragon is as I haven’t got them yet but it’s a baby/juvenile. I’m using the Arcadia t5 14% uvb and again I’m not sure of the feeding amount yet as I don’t have them.

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
I lightly dust my beardie's food with d3 or multivitamin once a week. And I do normal calcium every other day. For an adult I would suggest doing a multivitamin once a month and calcium 3 times a week. And d3 no more than once a week. There are other schedules that can work, this is just the one I personally prefer.
So do you have three different supplements or is the d3 included in one of the others?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m not sure exactly how old the dragon is as I haven’t got them yet but it’s a baby/juvenile. I’m using the Arcadia t5 14% uvb and again I’m not sure of the feeding amount yet as I don’t have them.
Ok the Arcadia 14% bulb is very strong - if it's inside the tank distance should be 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor- top of screen is going to block approx 30% of the rays so I would have it about 12 inches directly above the basking decor- as far as supplements he should be getting bugs dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D 3 ONCE per feeding lightly coated- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated- till he's a year then the supplements will change- at a year old he will need a calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus and that's because of the uvb your using- if he's a good salad eater you won't need to give the vitamins as much- he's going to be get those thru the salads- you will need to alternate the D 3 and w/ out
Well, there is D3 in the multivitamin. So that can work too.
You do not want to over do the D 3- check amount in the vitamin your giving-

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Ok the Arcadia 14% bulb is very strong - if it's inside the tank distance should be 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor- top of screen is going to block approx 30% of the rays so I would have it about 12 inches directly above the basking decor- as far as supplements he should be getting bugs dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D 3 ONCE per feeding lightly coated- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated- till he's a year then the supplements will change- at a year old he will need a calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus and that's because of the uvb your using- if he's a good salad eater you won't need to give the vitamins as much- he's going to be get those thru the salads- you will need to alternate
Ok the Arcadia 14% bulb is very strong - if it's inside the tank distance should be 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor- top of screen is going to block approx 30% of the rays so I would have it about 12 inches directly above the basking decor- as far as supplements he should be getting bugs dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D 3 ONCE per feeding lightly coated- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated- till he's a year then the supplements will change- at a year old he will need a calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus and that's because of the uvb your using- if he's a good salad eater you won't need to give the vitamins as much- he's going to be get those thru the salads- you will need to alternate the D 3 and w/ out

Yes I have checked. I don't do the multivitamin super frequently anyways

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He will need the vitamins 2 x per week for a baby / juvenile --

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg

Thank you, yeah the uvb is inside tank and is 18 inches away from basking decor

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You just told me to put it in 17-18 inches away. Plus I cant move it any closer otherwise the basking temp is 45 degrees.
Ok good leave at 17-18 since its inside the tank --- 45 C is too hot - you dont want temps over 43 C - a good range for a baby is 37-43 C -- as they get older they wont want that warm of temps - it will drop down to 35-37 C -

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Everyone tends to do it differently, i have been using calcium with d3 for almost two years, im now switching to one without it, (id recommend that , but not necessarily needed) as long as you got calcium, a multivitamin , and some gut loaded bugs , you’re dragon will be happy and healthy, heres a picture of the things i use , calcium every other feeding, multivitamin 2-3 times a week, liquid vitamin every other week.

Attachments

• 777E910E-A80D-42E3-909B-6E2E736AB187.jpeg
    777E910E-A80D-42E3-909B-6E2E736AB187.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8