• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms vs Waxworms?

Chris123

Bearded Dragon Egg
So hey, it's me again. The one with the juvie beardie who refuses greens.

I want to try worms in the bowl to entice her, is there any marked difference in nutrient quality between these two? I don't intend to use them as her staple, but I'd like to know how often I can offer either so I can get greens in her. If it will work, doubtful because I've tried hand-feeding with greens and she specifically eats around/spits out greens..

Chris123

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can use both --- like 3 of each -- I would add BSFL to the bowl on top and let her see you add them to the salad --- they can be ordered here --
https://symtonbsf.com/ feed as many as you want as they are a staple feeder -- dont need to be dusted
wax worms butter worms are like candy to dragons so feed sparingly - super worms are up there too and many advise not to feed as a staple but I know some people do -- its just that there are better staple feeders out there like the dubias and crickets and the BSFL - silk worms are good as a staple but they are hard to find and are expensive--- horn worms are good for a treat and can be used to hydrate a dragon a couple of times per week but they can give diarrhea --

Update: Adding worms to bowl did not work. She just ate around them. I'm out of ideas.

Chris123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unfortunately they are smarter than we are-- my older one won't eat vegies- either-- lucky me I have trained my 5 month old tho to eat vegies-- I am at a loss too- feed him his staple feeder every couple of days and put those vegies in everyday he may get hungry enough to eat them

She's about five months old now, should I still be feeding her daily? She gets ten crickets a day. Prior to that I was feeding her as much as she would eat in 15 mins but that seemed to be causing her to get bloated and constipated.

I've heard withholding food can be a way to get them to try veggies, but I wanna wait ntil I get her lab results back before I try anything that drastic.

Chris123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Keep doing the worm thing and vegies -- have you tried BSFL yet ? they are small and will end up on the bottom of the bowl going around the corners --- Blaze listens on the outside of the bowl then goes in after them - its funny to watch him -- you dont want to w/ hold food - she is too young to be doing that and their diet is mainly protein so if you can get her to eat some of those vegies you will be doing good - I leave my vegies in from 8 30 am till around 2-3 but I also add the staple feeder to the vegie bowl so hes in that bowl all day --- I use dubias as my staple feeder - and lately Blaze has been eating like a trooper -- hes eating most all of his BSFL a couple of super worms about 7-8 dubias plus the collard/ turnip greens cilantro and some zucchinni -- hes really porking out ---

Haven't tried BSFL, just can't afford them really. Maybe if I get a job in the future. Mom is willing to buy crickets but nothing extra.

Latest posts