• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworm Limit

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
Okay! So, I hate to admit that I’ve not been the best beardie momma lately, I haven’t had wormies for a couple weeks after I used up all my silkworms. So Puff has been getting allot of veggies (which he doesn’t appose to at all), his Mazuri bearded dragon food, and grub pie. Got paid , and bought some wormies. Superworms for puff and and Phoenix worms for the geckos. Silkworms just weren’t an option this time around because they only had smalls available. Now, I ordered 500 mealworms [emoji51][emoji51]
I don’t think I realized how many that was until I got them. And I’m not going to feed Them to puff everyday, because I’m not gonna let him get fat and over load his organ systems. I plan to feed them twice a week maybe, and was curious as to how many you guys suggest I give him at a time. I just don’t want to give him too many, or not enough.
Puff is an unknown age, but is relatively young.
I am gutloading then as well, I’m offering both Repashy superload, Mazuri better big guy load, carrots , spinach, and any veggies and fruit puff doesn’t finish by the end of the day (which is little to none lol )
And I know, shame on me as a beardie Mom, I need to keep up with the insects more. [emoji20]
3a2e13ec6f8fb09de65e407e1b7932f3.jpg
c14a50e771266291ad24b7d116858518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm confused so did you get superworms or mealworms??? Superworms are ok to feed and if your only feeding them a couple times a week you should be fine..They are high in fat so yes moderation and in conjunction with other staples you will be fine..
Now if your feeding mealworms these should not be fed to dragons as they have a hard exoskeleton containing chitin making it hard to digest.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I was going to ask the same thing! Superworms are okay to feed a few times a week. They are higher in fat so there is the potential of fatty liver disease if you feed to much. I used to do 6-8 a day a few times a week for mine along with the occasional horn or silk worm.

Just a note on silk worms. I always buy the small pods because they always have them in stock. Coastal usually sends way more than 50 in a pod because they are so small. They do nothing but eat all day so they do grow pretty fast if you keep them warm. They also like to stick together so you can give 5 small ones at a time, they make a little ball and it's like eating one!