• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworm breeding question

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So I have a few supers that have turned into the larva stage. What do I put them in when they turn into beetles and will they climb out of the container?

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I keep mine in those sterilize drawers. They don't climb out. And thanks for reminding me to check on my superworm pupas. LOL. They are put away in a cabinet and I always forget to check them!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I forget too! It's the first time I am trying this and they are in a container underneath Dexter and Luci's shelving unit. I really need to get my act together and get ready to move them! I just put them in wheat germ like I do the supers right? Once they turn into beetles how long do the beetles live?

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been using oats for the moment, and I add carrots and potatoes for moisture. Mine just turned into beetles maybe 2 weeks ago or so, so I'm not sure how long they live yet. They also don't seem to be breeding yet and are all clustered in a back corner of their drawer. No clue there.