• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Super worms?

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
I’ve been feeding smaug (around 3 months old) superworms. He loves them, but I’ve been hearing stories of beardies getting addicted to them and not eating regular food after a while and I’ve been wondering how many it’s appropriate to feed him per week?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been feeding smaug (around 3 months old) superworms. He loves them, but I’ve been hearing stories of beardies getting addicted to them and not eating regular food after a while and I’ve been wondering how many it’s appropriate to feed him per week?
1-2 on his salads use as a salad lure along w/ BSFL -- great salad toppers -- he needs a staple insect feeder dusted once per feeding w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and calcium w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --- BSFL are a great staple feeder for babies but I would also use either crickets dubias or silk worms - I recommend dubias they make a great compliment to the BSFL --- you do not need to dust the BSFL -- you can get them from here also known as nutri grubs along w/ dubias -- www.dubiaroaches.com if they are not shipping let me know I can post more websites for you

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
1-2 on his salads use as a salad lure along w/ BSFL -- great salad toppers -- he needs a staple insect feeder dusted once per feeding w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and calcium w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --- BSFL are a great staple feeder for babies but I would also use either crickets dubias or silk worms - I recommend dubias they make a great compliment to the BSFL --- you do not need to dust the BSFL -- you can get them from here also known as nutri grubs along w/ dubias -- www.dubiaroaches.com if they are not shipping let me know I can post more websites for you
Yep I give him crickets everyday, dusted with calcium powder. What do you think of my new lighting orders?

Mr.Chicken Nugget

Hatchling Dragon
Just as a warning superworms can impact baby bearded dragons. Just make sure the worms are not bigger than the space between his eyes and you should have no problem.

Beertruck

Hatchling Dragon
One of my beardies was so into supers he wouldn't eat anything else. Caused many, many health problems for him, including needing vet visits ad meds. I would recommend feeding them to yours once in a blue moon.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; we reacue & rehome. DONOT Ever feed a young beardie superworms; it impacts them and destroys their tummy plus it’s very high in Fat. A Beardie under 1years old; only feed him crickets and Dubia roaches only plus the plate of greens/veggies always. At his age he needs to eat 4-5 times per day; u fed till they stop eating he’s growing & needs lots of proteins. Fruits 1-2 times a week as treats blueberries, mangoes & papaya are the best everyday ones. After a year old u can do super worms & hornworms as treats;)

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; we reacue & rehome. DONOT Ever feed a young beardie superworms; it impacts them and destroys their tummy plus it’s very high in Fat. A Beardie under 1years old; only feed him crickets and Dubia roaches only plus the plate of greens/veggies always. At his age he needs to eat 4-5 times per day; u fed till they stop eating he’s growing & needs lots of proteins. Fruits 1-2 times a week as treats blueberries, mangoes & papaya are the best everyday ones. After a year old u can do super worms & hornworms as treats;)
Also a Beardie that young needs to be fed lots of proteins Dubias and crickets 3-4 times a day till he stops eating; like 20-30 per feeding, u feed till he stops; they need lots of protein for his bones.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, I’ll try to feed him smaller ones... he’s still little so we’ll see
Stick to crickets and Dubia roaches only under a year old. Their digestive ta at cannot handle super worms at this age. And he need altos of protein feed 3-4 times a day like 20-30 till he stops eating dusted in calcium powder onve per day 3-4 times a week

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
One of my beardies was so into supers he wouldn't eat anything else. Caused many, many health problems for him, including needing vet visits ad meds. I would recommend feeding them to yours once in a blue moon.
YES because super safe very very very high in Fat & Beardies under 1year old are never ever so be fed supers cuz their digestive tract is not strong Enuff for it.