• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Struggling to get the basking temp high enough

stormtiger90

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm using a 100 watt basking bulb. I set the thermostat to 40c but no matter where I place the probe its not getting higher than 30c. Some areas of her basking spot are only getting to 24c. She's currently in a 40 gallon breeder tank (her basking light is sat on the top).

I have ordered her 4ft vivarium which I should hopefully have next week.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm using a 100 watt basking bulb. I set the thermostat to 40c but no matter where I place the probe its not getting higher than 30c. Some areas of her basking spot are only getting to 24c. She's currently in a 40 gallon breeder tank (her basking light is sat on the top).

I have ordered her 4ft vivarium which I should hopefully have next week.
I would try a 150 watt bulb and see if that does it -- just make sure you monitor temps-- let me know how it goes