• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Still ONLY Eating Meat, NO Veggies

Edd

Hatchling Dragon
I havent posted in a while just been watching..............Now I'm getting fustrated. It seems no matter what I give him "Lilit" in the way of veggies he wont eat any. He is going on 8 months old now and I even tried NOT giving any meat for a day or two, only veggies..............still nothing. He seems healthy and active so I need some ideas or do I just keep waitting?

Thanx, Edd

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just keep offering the greens..some dragons don't like greens so make sure you feed your feeders the same stuff that way in a round about way they do get some of the nutrients that way. Sometimes you can put some bugs in the salad it may get him kinda interested in eating and might get a bite or two while getting the bugs..
I wouldn't worry too much just keep trying..
What I do with my youngest (he will eat greens) but he really likes his bugs so I feed the salad 1st thing in the am (when he's the hungriest) and once he eats some I give his bugs..

Edd

Hatchling Dragon
I have been mixing bugs and greens for about a month now and yes he eats a little my accident + I keep greens and squash in the bug enclosure so he gets it that way too.................Thanx for the reassurance.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't worry so much at 8 months old. He still needs more protein at this point. Don't stress about it so much, make sure you are dusting his bugs when you feed them and make sure you are feeding his bugs his greens.

If you are dusting his bugs and his UVB light is current and you are still worried, have the vet do a CBC to check his levels. Dexter is 5 and she still refuses to eat her greens, yet her blood work came out perfect. Well except for slightly elevated calcium levels, but she's a girl so that's normal.