• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steffern the beardo

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So this is steffern everyone ive had him/her for just over a year now , eating good very active and very sassy, i was wondering if anyone has ever heard about a bearded dragon changing sex?? Ive had lizards, amphibians and turtles all my life and I currently have steffern and a baby tokay, (i know what to look for hardware wise 1 buldge vs 2) but heres the thing when i first got my beardie there was very very visible 2 buldges meaning male? About 3 months ago they’ve both completely vanished. Any idea? Pics are all steffern

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • E2D71386-3F81-4505-83F7-D49CD3262DFD.jpeg
    E2D71386-3F81-4505-83F7-D49CD3262DFD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 75F70FD6-6D49-432F-80F6-748B7160593B.jpeg
    75F70FD6-6D49-432F-80F6-748B7160593B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Keep in mind , ive never seen a head bob or black beard, a very very calm bearded dragon

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Ok, has he had tail rot? It looks like he only has half a tail in the one picture and i dunno if that would effect the visibility of his lumps, but itd be good to rule out

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, has he had tail rot? It looks like he only has half a tail in the one picture and i dunno if that would effect the visibility of his lumps, but itd be good to rule out
One segment was bitten from a hatchmate when he was a baby but overall its a full tail i stay on top of his/her shedding and weekly baths as well (sorry kinda hard to take a pic of their undercarriage) he was a petco rescue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
One segment was bitten from a hatchmate when he was a baby but overall its a full tail i stay on top of his/her shedding and weekly baths as well (sorry kinda hard to take a pic of their undercarriage) he was a petco rescue
So that’s ruled out. Any signs of stress?

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Only before a poo, he’ll run all around jumping climbing his walls then after completely calm, lazy, docile, (poos are very healthy looking and dont even stink)
Lol, Smaug does that too, sometimes. I’m not sure that that’s anything to be worried about. is He going through hormonal changes?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Lol, Smaug does that too, sometimes. I’m not sure that that’s anything to be worried about. is He going through hormonal changes?
No he’s acting the same since the day i got em , could it be hes a late bloomer or something? Maybe hes just not well endowed down there? And since hes gotten fat you cant see his boy bits?

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
No he’s acting the same since the day i got em , could it be hes a late bloomer or something? Maybe hes just not well endowed down there? And since hes gotten fat you cant see his boy bits?
Maybe. i dunno, that’s about all I can think of. Maybe someone else knows.

Latest posts