• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Started a new viv for vinnie

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Its 4'l 2'w 18"t still needs some stuff done but figured id show some pics...

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
2014-01-05 11.50.27.jpg
2014-01-09 16.28.36.jpg
2014-01-12 13.27.36.jpg
2014-01-12 13.44.28.jpg
2014-01-12 13.44.55.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. any other suggestions? i still need to put in my uvb light and a substrate also a couple knobs for the glass doors. I'm also not going to use 2 standard house bulbs one will be a halogen bulb for his basking spot. will upload more as i do it.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I made it with styrofoam. Glue it together and coat it with non sanded tile grout,about 5 coats. Then put about 5 coats of non toxic sealer on it and your good to go.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No i havent got that far yet. This is just the styrofoam glued together. Had to make sure it would fit. Plan on doing the grout within the next 2 weeks. Just youtube fake rocks should find something there. Thats where i learned how to do it. Spent a lot of time looking at other peoples pics online to get different ideas than just went with it.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Got a little more done. All grout is on and getting ready to paint and seal it.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Grout looks pretty thin, it may have pieces broke fairly quickly or just wear through it with it's claws ...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I put 5 layers on. How many should i out? seems sturdy
You are there, I'm not ;) . It just appears very thin, almost painted on, it appeared to still be able to see almost every detail of the styrofoam. Now on second look, it may have been an intentional look. I have never done one or even researched it & I guess I expected more like the texture of Mt Mungi, then realized that Brett may have shaped\shaved the styrofoam prior to grouting. It is your creation, that is looking very nice by the way, if you think it strong enough, then it most likely is.

Building Mt. Mungi ;)

Last edited:

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
First bit of paint.

uploadfromtaptalk1391025724155.jpg

Trial fit. Fits nice

uploadfromtaptalk1391025818364.jpg

Now i brought it in where his old cage was to get the lights set up. Still need to add uvb but need to see what the temps are going to be first so i wont have to move the uvb again.

uploadfromtaptalk1391025922084.jpg

Any suggestions will be nice. Thanks for looking. Will update again once i have it just right.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks im really enjoying it too. The grouting process not so much tho.lol i cant wait to get some sand in it but hes still too small so i may just get some tile for now im not sure.