• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

springtails or isopods

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You can go with springtails or isopods, I prefer to go with springtails and mealworms for bearded dragon setups. Concerning how many you should get, I don't quite understand the question?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You can go with springtails or isopods, I prefer to go with springtails and mealworms for bearded dragon setups. Concerning how many you should get, I don't quite understand the question?
I meant how many isopods for a 4x2x2 terrarium? Am I right in that they‘re called a cleanup crew?
I googled isopods and it said:

Isopods can and do play many key functions in a terrarium ecosystem. Isopodsare amazing terrarium janitors. They help break down animal waste, leaf litter, and other plant debris. In the process, they make nutrients available for your plants and help to prevent build-ups of organic material in your tank.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I meant how many isopods for a 4x2x2 terrarium? Am I right in that they‘re called a cleanup crew?
I googled isopods and it said:

Isopods can and do play many key functions in a terrarium ecosystem. Isopodsare amazing terrarium janitors. They help break down animal waste, leaf litter, and other plant debris. In the process, they make nutrients available for your plants and help to prevent build-ups of organic material in your tank.
You are right they can be called a clean up crew. But normally you just get a small container of them, they spread pretty quickly, you don't really buy different amounts.

Latest posts