• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spot on chin

Marc4

Hatchling Dragon
I have had my boy for just over a month now and he's settling in well.
I have him out often so he doesn't rub on the glass much anymore (usually only after he poops lol) but since I got him he's had a black spot on his chin. Right where he rubs the glass so I assume it's from that. Im wondering if there's anything I can do to help it. He shed the scale recently and its still black. It's probably only been a good week and a half since hes really settled in and rarely rubs his face (part of why my neighbors rehomed him was they couldn't take him out enough) Is there anything I can put on it or does it just need more time?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Marc4

Hatchling Dragon
Hum its not letting me add the picture right now...

Marc4

Hatchling Dragon
See if this works..
20180809_135326.jpeg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Well that's not good. Has it gotten any bigger? You could keep it clean with betadine diluted in water (till it looks like weak tea) and you could put a dab of silver solution on it. It might help heal it faster. It's probably going to take a few sheds before it looks better.

My boy had a black spot but it was right on the tip of his snout. It took years for it to go away.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea my male Simon surfs alot and has a darker couple of scales on his chin too..
Keep an eye on it and like patsy said betadine soaks.. if it gets bigger I would get it seen