• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spike's New home

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I have my temps correct and Spike seems to be doing well..Any suggestion's or does this look ok? Only issue i have at times is the basking spot where the light shines straight down will heat up to around 115...I raised the light a little and it does help..I am using a 100 watt.clear house bulb because the basking light i have made it even hotter..Any suggestions or is this pretty normal..thanks

Attachments

• 100_2888.JPG
    100_2888.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_2889.JPG
    100_2889.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_2890.JPG
    100_2890.JPG
    894.7 KB · Views: 58

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
I have my temps correct and Spike seems to be doing well..Any suggestion's or does this look ok? Only issue i have at times is the basking spot where the light shines straight down will heat up to around 115...I raised the light a little and it does help..I am using a 100 watt.clear house bulb because the basking light i have made it even hotter..Any suggestions or is this pretty normal..thanks
the basking light being that hot is completely fine, some people have there’s upwards of 120-130° in bioactives so they digest better. they’ll know when they’re too hot and move or vent with their mouths, otherwise it’s beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that all looks good, yes they thermoregulate themselves by gapping so when they need a cooler area they will move around, the cool side should be low 70's

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks good! I won't lie, I was trying to figure out how to fit the mopani wood in there.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I still haven't added it yet..I am so thankful Spike is doing so much better..No coughing if that's what it was....Eating good..I thought i would hold off on adding anything new for a few days...The piece i ordered said 17 to 19 inches which i knew would be long enough to slant across the enclosure for him to climb and bask and could use the log for hide but this piece is only 11 inches tall so i haven't decided yet either LOL